We are currently looking for a friendly, organised and outstanding Office Administrator / P.A to join our busy team
Short description: This is a varied role requiring someone who can multi-task, think on their feet, and respond to the needs of the company to ensure the smooth running of the office. The successful candidate will work closely with & provide support to senior management
Purpose of the Office Administrator / P.A role: To ensure that the studio is cost effectively administered in an efficient manner. Supporting Management with a responsible and proactive approach.
Required skills and experience:
• Experience in organizing a small to medium sized office
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of responding to EOIs, PQQs and Tenders is essential
• Candidates should be comfortable working with Apple Mac Computers, and highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and Adobe InDesign
• Experience of using Project Minder and Keynote is desirable but not essential.
• Answering the phone and taking accurate messages.
• Acting as the first point of contact for visitors. Being hospitable
• Date stamping and distributing incoming post and deliveries.
• Checking the firstname.lastname@example.org email account daily and forwarding emails to relevant staff where appropriate.
• Collating information relating to new business and working with associates
• Being responsible for the tidiness of the office at all times and particularly when visitors are expected.
• Booking couriers and printers.
P.A. to Directors
• Managing the Directors’ diaries efficiently and proactively.
• Completing directors’ timesheets and expenses on the Project Minder
• Assisting with filing
• Booking flights, hotels, taxis and arranging visas for international travel.
• Producing travel itineraries
• Preparing Keynote presentations for directors on request.
Studio Running / Studio Administration:
• Liaising with line manager on issues relating to the smooth running of the studio.
• Assisting with logging information into Project Minder.
• Maintaining, and regularly updating document archive/book shelves/ databases/ Server/ company intranet / materials area
• Managing office master diary and meeting arrangements.
• Responding to meeting requests and organizing travel time, meeting rooms, lunch etc.
• Organizing company events including studio lunches, annual summer trip and Christmas party.
• Running daily data back-up system, administering the server and company intranet.
• Researching and maintaining cost saving approaches, maintaining and reviewing all studio services including cleaners, recycling, photocopiers, phone lines, utilities, etc. and report to line manager.
• Managing and reconciling petty cash drawer.
• Maintaining office database of contacts with regular updates.
• Booking and arranging training on instruction.
• Organizing travel (including visas for international travel), booking flights, trains, etc. and producing travel itineraries.
• Liaising with external IT support technician to resolve IT queries and communicating upcoming tasks to the IT support technician. Implementing IT upgrades.
• Overseeing loans of laptops, camera and shared equipment to track availability use and security. Maintain a register system.
• Acting as a problem solver/trouble shooter, noticing potential problems in good time and making suggestions to resolve.
• Maintaining high standards of studio presentation.
• Managing cleaning and recycling contractors.
• Ordering office supplies, stationary, design materials, kitchen supplies to approved budget.
• Managing and implementing Casson Mann’s health and safety policy across the studio, taking responsibility for managing first aid and fire safety with regular reviews.
• Identifying problems with the running of equipment and resolving in a timely manner.
• Assisting annual renewals for office equipment, subscriptions, utility suppliers and other service suppliers.
P.R. and New Business Administration:
• Regularly updating new business documents.
• Assisting with tracking all opportunities and responding to first stage OJEUs
• Assisting with production of pitch documents, presentations and all new business documents.
• Assisting with cataloguing of images and maintaining the Casson Mann image archive (via Open Asset)
• Maintaining and updating company portfolio and office documentation to ensure high and up-to-date standards and coherence.
• Coordinating press enquiries and liaising with external PR consultant.
• Managing company newsletters and circulating
• Coordinating awards entries, website and all marketing materials.
• Ensuring that all documentation is produced accurately, is timely, well presented and incisive.
• Assisting with website maintenance and updates and the company’s online presence.
• Organizing recruitment.
• Keeping records of staff daily attendance and reporting concerns and variations to management.
• Being accountable for decisions/delegated work and acting to resolve any problems.
• Providing on-going advice and when appropriate offering constructive criticism.
• Setting an example to other team members, following Casson Mann procedures and working practices including time-keeping, financial requirements and maintenance of proper manual and computer filing systems.
The above is not an exhaustive list but an indication of the general requirements for the role. The successful candidate will be able to take on ad hoc tasks when required by management.
• Attention to detail and well organized
• A desire to learn and be proactive
• Ability to work on own initiative and be hands-on as well as a good team-player
• Supportive approach to working with others and happy to work as part of a small, busy and collaborative team
• The ability to juggle a busy workload and to meet deadlines
• Commitment to promoting the reputation of the company through quality work and a positive view of the business.
Interested candidates should email their CV and covering letter to: email@example.com